Top 5 Traditional Side Dishes to Serve with Peruvian Chicken
Are you planning a traditional Peruvian chicken dinner or “Pollo A La Brasa” but unsure which side dishes pair best with this unique meal? We get it – life gets busy and it can be hard to plan a full meal after a long day. However, whether you’re cooking or picking dinner up on the way home, there are plenty of easy, delicious side dishes that perfectly complement Peruvian style chicken.
Traditionally, Peruvian chicken is served with rice or french fries, a salad, and yellow chili sauce. Your options don’t end there, though – here are five traditional side dishes to serve with Peruvian style chicken.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH PERUVIAN CHICKEN: 5 SIDE DISHES
- Peruvian Yuca Fries: You really can’t go wrong with yuca fries in any type of cuisine, but they pair especially well with Peruvian chicken. Yuca is a starchy root vegetable (similar to a potato) and when fried, it offers a crunchy, salty addition to your Peruvian style chicken dinner. Yuca fries are delicious with any sauce, too – have the kids try them with ketchup. And the best news? They’re easy and quick to prepare at home and always delicious to-go.
- Fried Plantains: Trying Peruvian chicken for the first time and unsure as to which sides you should order with it? You can’t go wrong with fried plantains. Plantains are similar to bananas and when fried, offer a crispy outside with a mellow, semi-sweet inside. Don’t be fooled by the sweet aspect, though – fried plantains pair extremely well with savory dishes like Peruvian chicken and tacu tacu.
- Arroz Chaufa: Arroz Chaufa is Peru’s take on fried rice, flavored by green bell peppers, green and red onions, eggs, garlic, and soy sauce. Hints of ginger, cumin, and sesame oil round out the flavor, and the best news is that you probably have most of these ingredients in your pantry. Arroz Chaufa is a quick, easy dish to pick up or make yourself when you’re planning a Peruvian chicken dinner and need a savory side to complete the meal.
- Ceviche: Ceviche is another traditional dish that can be served as an appetizer, but also works as a light, fresh side dish in a traditional Peruvian chicken meal. Ceviche is a mix of fresh fish and seafood, typically marinated in lime juice and mixed with special spices to give it a burst of flavor. Serve this dish with Peruvian chicken when you’re craving something zesty and light or when the weather is just too hot for anything else.
- Chaufa and Black Beans: This savory rice dish is a perfect complement to a Peruvian chicken dinner whether you make it yourself or pick it up on the way home. When paired with rich black beans stewed in vegetable stock with garlic and onions, it’s a filling side that’s also delicious served as leftovers the next day.
SKIP THE COOKING AND LEAVE IT TO THE EXPERTS
If you’re on a tight schedule or just don’t feel like making a mess in the kitchen today, order your Peruvian chicken online ahead of time and pick it up at Sardi’s on your way home. Whether you’re looking for dinner for you or the whole family, Sardi’s has you covered! Find the location nearest to you and order online from our expansive menu including our famous charbroiled chicken, Latin specialties, array of delicious sides and sauces and more.